Hi, and thank you so much for writing this fic for me! You obviously have excellent taste in comics, so take a moment and feel good about that. I know I do once in a while!
So, on to the letter. Things I very much like:
- Female or female identified characters with agency and purpose. What I like even more is when said female or female identified characters with agency and purpose form strong bonds and close friendships with each other and those relationships are explored, both the good and the bad of it.
- People being skilled at things and putting those skills to good use. Competence! It's fantastic. I also like reading about people as they gain that competence. Learning is fascinating.
- Stories where nothing happens, but in a meaningful way. If that makes sense. I like plot, too, but not without those moments in between where the story catches its breath and the personalities take focus.
- Pre-canon. Always, always interested in the backstories of minor characters.
- Bittersweet endings. I don't mind angst or happy endings either, but a mixture of both is the best.
- Morally gray decisions, questioning of morals, internal conflict.
- Friendship in general. Friendships are the best, all kinds. Friendship, friendship, friendship. It is so great.Things I don't much like:
- Porn. I will probably scroll past, I'm sorry to say. It's just not as interesting to me! I checked gen for all my requests, which... doesn't mean that I hate romance, just that I prefer to read my ships with the focus on their personalities and not their bodies. Shippy undertones, more like.
- M/M. WELL, this is a lie, I love my M/M ships a lot. But it's almost always easier to find than my f/f and f/m OTPs, and I'm more invested in those.
- Erotisized dubcon or noncon. Some of my canons have awful things happening, and that's not triggering in and of itself. Only when it's treated as sexy.
- Explicit descriptions of blood and open wounds. I.. have a huge blood squick. (Which may seem incompatible with being a Boti fan, but.) I'm fine with characters being injured as long as you don't go into graphic detail, though.
- Character bashing, bashing of canon ships, infidelity, gratuitous chaarcter death.
- AUs and major deviations from the story. I prefer if the fic can be fitted into the canon more or less seamlessly.
- Misrepresentations of disabilities and illnesses, both physical and mental.
As for the fandoms...( Collapse )( Collapse )( Collapse )( Collapse )
Hopefully, this letter isn't too daunting. And, you know, with all these fandoms I love 99% of the characters with all my heart. So if you have something you're itching to write that you know would be amazing... Write it. Even if it doesn't perfectly match any of my requests. The risk of going wrong is very, very small. If you have any questions, feel free to make an anonymous comment on this post.
I wish you all the best, dear yulegoat, and I hope your yuletide experience is a very merry one. ♥This entry was originally posted at http://heathertwig.dreamwidth.org/4957.html. Please comment there using OpenID.